1.What are your health and safety standards for COVID?
Your health and safety is important to us. We follow Airbnb’s cleaning protocol developed by Ecolab, a global leader in cleaning and hygiene technologies and guidance from Dr. Vivek Murthy, the former U.S. Surgeon General. Read more information on our health and safety protocols followed consistently for every guest here.
2.How’s the weather in Jardin?
This a mountainous, cloud forest region:
It is sunny during the day with average temperatures of 23C to 26C. Evenings can be 14C to 17C. So, it’s generally fleece or sweater temperatures at night but never cold. To find out more about Jardin Weather for the time of year you can find it here.
3.What is the altitude of Jardin?
Jardin is 1773m/5817 feet. Perfect coffee growing country!
4.What should I pack?
- Shorts will be fine during the day but you may opt for pants at night for warmth and to deter the small number of mosquitos around.
- Bring a raincoat for hiking and sturdy shoes, your feet may get wet so bring an extra pair of shoes
- Bring insect repellant if you are susceptible. We usually have some in the Finca as well.
- Given that we use Colombian Airdrying (dryers are very uncommon in Colombia), bring extra sets of clothing if it’s a rainy day and your clothes don’t dry to your liking.
5.How to get from Medellin to Jardin?
If you are enjoying the amazing urban experiences of Medellin before coming to Jardin, or coming straight to Jardin from the airport, we can arrange to have our driver pick you up wherever you might be located in Medellin (airport or in the city) for approximately $250,000 COP one way. Our driver is very reliable, safe and professional.
The other option is to take the bus from Terminal de sur
- Taking a bus to Jardín on your own is affordable and comfortable, although you will need to get used to the winding roads. But the views along the coffee farms and farmlands are sensational and worth the price.
Check on line post COVID service changes. leaving from the south terminal station, there are bus service lines. Two good services are Transporte Suroeste Antioqueño or Rapido Ochoa bus line. There are also vans with a max of 9 seats available which tend to be faster than the bus service. Check the most recent pricing. Although prices will vary depending on the type of vehicle. * Important tip: Make sure you get on a direct bus from Medellín to Jardin Colombia – some buses will go to Santa Fe de Antioquia first (which is the opposite direction) adding another 3 hours to your journey. Ask first!
6.What’s provided at the house?
- PlSafe, impeccably clean home, we follow enhanced cleaning protocols (more details here – click to COVID page)
- High speed internet – ideal for remote working or watching Netflix, or your favorite movie from your computer or tablet
- Get a restful sleep on our high quality, comfortable beds – 3 bedrooms, 2 Queen beds, 2 Single beds – comfortably sleeps 6 guests
- Relax and recharge after a nature hike or walk with a hot shower in our modern bathrooms
- Help is available– our local hosts (that live near the home) are available to organize transport, tours, grocery delivery and meals
- Get Dirty! Enjoy nature and adventure without worry -Washing machine available for your use and natural clothes drying-Colombian style
- Enjoy the farm! -Our patio, garden and farm is yours to wander and appreciate.
Other Features and Amenities
- Free parking on premises
- Desktop and workspace to use the highspeed internet
Stocked Kitchen supplies include:
- Glasses: wine and drinking
- French press for making incredible Colombian coffee!
- Pots and frying pans
- Coasters and place mats
- Salt, pepper, sugar
- Coffee – harvested directly from our farm
- Gas Stove
- Garbage: Organics and Non-organics
- NOTE: There is no television – bring your computer or tablet and watch Netflix
- Bedrooms and bathrooms include: pillows, bedsheets, blankets hangers, shampoo, soap, towels, and toilet paper
Additional Services: Please ask us about Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner options cooked by Marta
Grocery Delivery: Use our stocked kitchen and order groceries in (Inquire with Marta)
Transportation: We can provide transportation to and from Jardin. Please let us know.
7. What’s included with the house rental?
The entire 2 hectare/5 acre farm is yours to explore; including walking trails and access to a private river and waterfall. You can hike and cycle right out your front door or hang out on hammocks sipping coffee or your favourite South American wine.
8.Can we bring pets?
Pets are NOT allowed at the Finca. We have, unfortunately, experienced a lot of damage from pets at the finca. Each time we’ve said yes, it has no worked out well.
9.Shopping and buying groceries in Jardin
You can choose to shop and get groceries in Jardin (we will show you the best options to buy goods) or we can shop for you and deliver it to your door.